1) Business operating profit (BOP) indicates the underlying performance of the Group’s business units by eliminating the impact of financial market volatility and other non-operational variables.
2) Adjusted for the impact of the hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, measures related to the Group's restructuring, and the impact of changes to UK capital gains tax indexation relief.
3) Shareholders’ equity used to determine ROE and BOPAT ROE is adjusted for net unrealized gains or losses on available-for-sale investments and cash flow hedges.
4) The Zurich Economic Capital Model (Z-ECM) is an internal measure of capital adequacy and reflects midpoint estimates with an error margin of +/–5 pts.
5) Impact investments in 2017 consisted of: green bonds (USD 2.41 billion), investments committed to private equity funds (USD 116 million, thereof 38 percent drawn down) and other investments (USD 303 million).
6) In 2017, Zurich interviewed over 550,000 customers (including Zurich Santander) in over 20 countries through its NPS (Net Promoter Score) program.
7) Number shown as of 2016; 2017 data will be available in Q2 2018.