Business operating profit1
Underlying business operating profit1,2
Net income attributable to shareholders (NIAS)
Business operating profit after tax return on equity3
Underlying business operating profit after tax return on equity2,3
Zurich Economic Capital Model (Z-ECM) ratio estimated as of December 31, 20174
Standard & Poor’s financial strength rating of Zurich Insurance Company Ltd as of December 31, 2017
Total amount of impact investments5
Number of customers interviewed through Zurich's NPS program6
C02e emissions per employee (tons per FTE)7
Female participation in Leadership Team
2) Adjusted for the impact of the hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, measures related to the Group's restructuring, and the impact of changes to UK capital gains tax indexation relief.
3) Shareholders’ equity used to determine ROE and BOPAT ROE is adjusted for net unrealized gains or losses on available-for-sale investments and cash flow hedges.
4) The Zurich Economic Capital Model (Z-ECM) is an internal measure of capital adequacy and reflects midpoint estimates with an error margin of +/–5 pts.
5) Impact investments in 2017 consisted of: green bonds (USD 2.41 billion), investments committed to private equity funds (USD 116 million, thereof 38 percent drawn down) and other investments (USD 303 million).
6) In 2017, Zurich interviewed over 550,000 customers (including Zurich Santander) in over 20 countries through its NPS (Net Promoter Score) program.
7) Number shown as of 2016; 2017 data will be available in Q2 2018.